About this course
Designed to help you make an immediate start in the fitness industry, the Complete Personal Trainer (SIS40215 + SIS30315 prerequisites) course will give you an edge over other exercise professionals. Delivered by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this course is taught through a mix of online theory and hands-on experience to give you the flexibility and real-world skills needed to excel in the competitive fitness industry.
The course will take you through fitness fundamentals such as how to undertake client assessments, plan and deliver effective exercise programs, and monitor the progress of your clients. From there, you’ll progress to more advanced modules such as small-business planning, long-term exercise program design and motivational psychology – crucial skills that will give your fitness career longevity into the future.
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Guarantee*. This Graduate Placement Guarantee applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location. When you graduate from this Australian Institute of Personal Trainers qualification, you will be certified to the standards required by Goodlife, Genesis, Core24 and Club Lime, and will be given the opportunity to work as a fitness professional in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
*Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Guarantee. Enquire now for more information.
Practical work placement
To successfully complete this course, you must complete a between 40-52 hours of face-to-face practical work experience with your mentor so you gain real-world training skills. AIPT will pair you with one of their expert mentors, a fitness professional, in their gym or fitness studio. Or, you will have the opportunity to select your own mentor – a personal trainer approved by AIPT.
Studying with AIPT means you'll graduate industry-ready.
To be eligible for entry into this course, you must hold a current First Aid qualification.
In this personal training course, the units of competency you will study include:
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 to 12 years
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 100 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Over 100 campus locations
With over 100 campuses nationwide, you can find AIPT in a location near you.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry, and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. AIPT also provides its students with access to the My eCampus learning portal.