In a nutshell
Studying with AIPT means you’ll graduate industry-ready.
Designed to help you make an immediate start in the fitness industry, the Complete Personal Trainer (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry requirements) course will give you an edge over other fitness professionals. Delivered by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this course is taught through a mix of online theory and hands-on experience to give you the flexibility and real-world skills needed to excel in the competitive fitness industry.
Haven’t got a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness? Don’t fret…. this course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and competencies required to work as a Personal Trainer. You will start with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units before launching into the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. In the Complete Personal Trainer course, you’ll cover the fundamentals of fitness plus an understanding of the latest in healthy eating trends, motivational psychology and the essentials of small business planning.
You can choose from three different delivery modes for the practical element. The online component is delivered through a bespoke learning management system:
1. Face to Face On-Campus – Complete PT
52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online, in your own time.
2. AIPT Mentor – Complete PT
40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time. Dependant on availability of a mentor in your area.
3. Student Selected Mentor – Complete PT
Choose your own mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
Graduate Placement Assistance
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Assistance*.
This Graduate Placement Assistance applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer Program at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location.
When you graduate from the Complete Personal Trainer Program, you may be eligible for opportunities with one of our leading gym network partners.
To be eligible for a Graduate Placement Assistance, you must undertake a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness or the Complete Personal Trainer Program at a select Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime facility. This qualification combines self-paced online learning with the additional support of weekly partner mentorship, with each practical tutorial delivered to a small group of students in a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime gym environment. All conducted by a fitness professional endorsed by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. All fitness professionals are highly qualified Personal Trainers and with years of industry experience.
The Complete Personal Trainer Program consists of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements.
*Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Assistance. Enquire now for more information.
Studying with AIPT means you'll graduate industry-ready.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
First Aid Certificate
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency. This qualification needs to be completed through an external third party, and the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTO 3605) which provides First aid Training to AIPT students at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is an independent third party training provider. This is an additional service offered by AIPT; however, students are able to source their own training provider to suit their needs.
Working with Children Check
In order to complete your Work Placement, you may be required to hold a current Working with Children Check Clearance, issued by the relevant Responsible Authority in the State or Territory in which you will undertake this course.
In this personal training course, the units of competency you will study include:
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness compulsory units + SIS401215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 Instruct movement programs to children aged 5–12 years
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13–17 years
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 Address Client Needs
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.