In a nutshell
Studying with AIPT means you’ll graduate industry-ready.
Designed to help you make an immediate start in the fitness industry, the Complete Personal Trainer^ (SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry requirements) course will give you an edge over other fitness professionals. Delivered by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers, this course is taught through a mix of online theory and hands-on experience to give you the flexibility and real-world skills needed to excel in the competitive fitness industry.
You can choose from three different delivery modes for the practical element. The online component is delivered through a bespoke learning management system:
1. Face-to-Face On-Campus -52 hours face-to-face practical delivered on-campus with theory components completed online in your own time.
2. AIPT Mentor – 40 hours of face-to-face practical completed with an AIPT Mentor, a qualified Personal Trainer, who will guide you through your course material and provide you with hands-on experience, with theory components completed online, in your own time.
3. Student Selected Mentor – Choose your own Mentor* to guide you through 40 hours of face-to-face practical. Theory components are completed online, in your own time.
The course will take you through fitness fundamentals such as how to undertake client assessments, plan and deliver effective exercise programs, and monitor the progress of your clients. From there, you’ll progress to more advanced modules such as small-business planning, long-term exercise program design and motivational psychology – crucial skills that will give your fitness career longevity into the future.
Graduate Placement guarantee+
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has partnered with a number of gyms to not only offer you the highest calibre of training but also to offer you a Graduate Placement Guarantee+.
This Graduate Placement Guarantee applies to all those who study the Complete Personal Trainer at a Goodlife Health Club, Genesis Fitness Club, Core24 Health Club or Club Lime location.
When you graduate from this Australian Institute of Personal Trainers qualification, you will be certified to the standards required by Goodlife, Genesis, Core24 or Club Lime and you will be given the opportunity to work as a fitness professional in one of these leading gym network partners within six months of graduation.
^The Complete Personal Trainer Program consists of the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements. Please contact us for further details on the course structure.
*Your chosen Mentor must be approved by the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers.
~Terms and conditions apply to the Graduate Placement Guarantee. Enquire now for more information.
Studying with AIPT means you'll graduate industry-ready.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. This can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system - Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser - Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser - latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
In order to complete your practical component, you must hold a current “Working with Children Card issued by the relevant Government department in the State in which you have enrolled. You must also obtain or hold a current first aid and CPR certificate~.
~The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. Please note the cost of this is not included in your course fees.
In this personal training course, the units of competency you will study include:
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness + Entry Requirements Package
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5–12 years
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13–17 years
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISXCCS003 - Address Client Needs
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.