In a nutshell
Accelerate your career in cybersecurity with a Bachelor of Cybersecurity degree, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia.
The course will teach the theoretical and practical technical skills needed to fight cybercrime; ethical hacking and penetration testing, digital forensics, human-centric cybersecurity and enterprise cybersecurity governance. During your studies, there are two work integrated learning options available to students: Option 1: Industry Placement Option 2: Industry Live Brief. On completion, you’ll be able to analyse and recommend innovative cybersecurity solutions, utilising your design thinking and problem-solving skills to protect the digital fortress. Designed, developed and delivered by industry practitioners and academics, it is structured to meet the Australian Computer Society’s Core Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and Cybersecurity Body of Knowledge (CyBOK).
Master industry-leading software
Develop your ethical hacking skills on corporate servers including Kali Linux, Linux and Ubuntu.
Become a cyber defender
Master programming languages used by cyber experts including C#, C++ and Python.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, students need to have:
- Completed Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent, OR
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above, OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification, OR
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
While completing the Bachelor of Cybersecurity qualification, delivered by Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia, you will cover the following subjects:
- Computer Architecture and Operating Systems
- Foundations of Information Systems
- Introduction to Programming
- Data and Networking
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- User Experience Design
- Network Security and Infrastructure Protection
- User and Software and Data Security
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
- IT Professional Practices
- Introduction to Data Science
- Project Based Learning Studio Technology
- Machine Learning Principles
- Cloud Architecture
- Human-Centric Cybersecurity in a Smart Society
- Enterprise Cybersecurity Governance and Applications
- Digital Forensics
- Advanced Tech Work Integrated Learning
Why Billy Blue College of Design?
Billy Blue College of Design is the design and creative technology faculty at Torrens University Australia, and home to the industry’s best and brightest. They’re known for our engagement with industry and employability focus, with courses developed in collaboration with industry leaders.
You'll study in iconic, inspirational spaces where ideas flourish, and our educators are adventurous and eager to share their craft, and industry contacts. During your studies, you’ll master the practical skills you need back up your imagination and gain the commercial skills you need to scale up your career.
Best of all, university admission needn’t be a worry. You don’t need an ATAR to study with Billy Blue, just a passion to learn, and that hard-earned work-life experience counts too.
You’ll benefit from the dedicated support of Course Advisors and Success Coaches, who can help you navigate all those career dreams and study goals.
With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.