In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (CPC40912), delivered by Builders Academy Australia, is a vital step for anyone wanting to obtain licensing and registration in the plumbing industry.
Throughout this in-depth course, you’ll develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to take your plumbing career to the next level. You’ll learn a range of general plumbing skills as well as delving into specialist areas such as drainage, gas fitting, roof drainage, sewerage and more.
After 38 weeks of study, including six hands-on practical days, you’ll be more than ready to achieve all your plumbing career goals.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed the Certificate III in Plumbing.
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBOHS403B - Identify Hazards and assess OHS risks
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCPCM4011A - Carry-out work based risk processes
- CPCPCM4012A - Estimate and Cost Work
- BSBSMB401A - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- CPCPDR4011B - Design and Size Sanitary Drainage Systems
- CPCPDR4012B - Design and Size stormwater drainage systems
- CPCPDR4013B - Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems
- CPCPGS4011C - Design and size consumer gas installations
- CPCPRF4011B - Design and size roof drainage systems
- CPCPSN4011B - Design and size sanitary plumbing systems
- CPCPWT4011B - Design and size heated and cold water services and systems
- CPCPWT4022A - Commission and Maintain backflow prevention devices
- CPCPGS4022A - Service type A gas appliances
- CPCPWT4023A - Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices
Why Builders Academy Australia?
When it comes to receiving a top-notch learning experience, look no further than the construction experts at Builders Academy Australia (BAA). With a reputation for ‘turning tradies into legends’, you can trust Builders Academy Australia to equip you with the right technical and theoretical skills to succeed on any job site.
Each of their nationally accredited courses in building and construction, plumbing and more, are led by qualified trainers who will share their real-world insights with you.
BAA is part of Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders, which means that students will have the opportunity to develop strong ties with industry professionals and start building their dream career – literally!
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is all about ensuring their students get a positive learning experience! BAA’s student welfare and support services include academic support, non-academic support and additional support to special needs students.
BAA has a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator part of their team, who will regularly touch base with each trainer to identify any students with special needs or may require welfare support.
After extra study support? Turn BAA’s friendly training managers, senior trainers or assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.