In a nutshell
The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) has been designed to meet the needs of people who are pursuing builders’ registration or looking for supervising or contract administration roles. This course satisfies the educational requirements of the VBA for builder registration.
This course delivered either face to face in physical classroom environment or in virtual environment through online classes. BCTA ensures that the training is delivered to the standards of a real workplace environment.
You will be trained by best trainers in the industry with extensive experience giving you detailed insight into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in Building and Construction industry.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills at Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3; AND
- Undertake a pre-training review; AND
- Not have previously completed a Diploma or higher-level qualification to be eligible for Victorian Government funding; AND
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand passport holder.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you study may include:
CORE AND ELECTIVE UNITS
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply Building Codes and Standards to the Construction Process of Medium Rise Building Projects
- CPCCBC5018A - Apply Structural Principles to the Construction of Medium Rise Buildings
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5005A - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5011A - Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- BSBOHS504B - Apply principle of OHS risk management
You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including workbook learning activities, written assignments, case studies, Questions & Answers, role play, presentations and projects
Why Building and Construction Training Australia?
Building and Construction Training Australia courses give students the opportunity to learn from the best in the building and construction industry.
With exclusive training materials and delivery methods, students learn best practices, real-world skills, and undertake on-the-job training. They graduate qualified to get their start or get ahead, in their building and construction career. BCTA qualifications are recognised by the Australian government.
Blended learning: BCTA offers a mix of learning options including self-directed online learning, classroom, and workplace apprenticeship placements.
Industry-relevant courses - Training is hands-on using quality assessment tools written to simulate real-world industry conditions and building activities. Graduate job-ready.
BCTA is committed to the success of their students in achieving the qualifications to meet their career goals. Student support is available from enrollment right through to graduation.