In a nutshell
Build your leadership skills and gain a qualification that reflects your tenacity as a business professional and strategic thinker, with this online Master of Business Administration course!
Designed to challenge you at every level, the MBA delivered by Chifley Business School at Torrens University Australia will train you to:
- Conceptualise and analyse complex business problems
- Systematically evaluate business risks
- Use the latest software and platforms to analyse data, and use this data to make effective business decisions
- Specialise in either project management skills or technology management
The MBA culminates in a strategic management capstone subject – a project that replicates real-world settings and encourages you to consolidate everything you’ve learnt to tackle a strategic business problem.
For those of you interested in gaining advanced skills and knowledge, there is also the option to complete the MBA (Advanced) course, which provides you with a more in-depth program, spread across a 2-year period.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a combination of 120 hours of structured and self-directed learning, which equates to about 10 hours a week over a 12-week trimester.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Written exams
- Project reports
- Individual-based assignments on live briefs
- Presentations research reports
- Work integrated learning
- Case studies
- Reflection logs
Chifley Business School
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification form an Australian institution, or equivalent; OR
- Have at least three years of relevant work experience; OR
- Hold a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration from Torrens University Australia (or from another institution, if deemed equivalent)
In this business management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business decision analytics
- Business capstone
- Systems thinking
- Strategic management
- Financial management
- Managing people and teams
- Dynamic leadership
- Business environment
- Business communications
- Risk management
- Innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Employer based project
- International business strategy
- Technology strategy
- Corporate sustainability
- Organisational best practice
- Business law and international contexts
- Management information systems
Why Chifley Business School at Torrens University?
Get recognised in your field with Chifley Business School’s range of postgraduate courses. For the last 20 years Chifley Business School (part of the Torrens University network) has proudly qualified 10,000 students with their industry-recognised postgraduate courses.
The Australian Financial Review’s MBA Boss ranking 2011, 2013 and 2014 ranks Chifley Business School as one of the Top 20 MBA Providers in Australia, and Top 10 Value for Money.
Study with Chifley and take a flexible and modern approach to higher learning!
The student services team at Torrens University and Chiefly Business School are dedicated to making your learning experience a positive one!
While studying at Chifley you’ll have access to a health services team, free and confidential counselling, extensive online and on campus library rich in resources, as well as loads of study help and advice via online tutorials.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: