In a nutshell
You’re a creative thinker who loves food and thrives under pressure. Advance your cookery career with this Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (SIT40516) course from College Australia.
Designed for working professionals with some study behind them, this highly relevant, practical course will help you finesse your skills and progress your career. If you’re seeking to move to a leadership or management role in your kitchen, this qualification will help you build essential skills and experience in menu planning, equipment management, food hygiene and safety, stock rotation, financial management, and leading and managing people, as well as technical cookery skills.
You’ll have opportunities to build essential interpersonal skills in communication, people management and conflict management, and graduate prepared to step up to a new role.
If you like a challenge and want to progress your cookery career, this course could be your next step.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be currently working within the industry; AND
- Hold a relevant trade qualification (Certificate III in a related field)
In this hospitality course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBDIV501 – Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 – Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 – Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 – Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 – Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 – Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 – Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 – Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 – Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 – Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 – Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 – Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP002 – Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP004 – Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 – Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT006 – Produce desserts
- SITXCOM005 – Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 – Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 – Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 – Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 – Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 – Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001 – Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 – Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXCCS006 – Provide service to customers
- SITXCCS007 – Enhance the customer service experience
- SITHCCC017 – Handle and serve cheese
- SITXHRM002 – Roster staff
- SITXINV001 – Receive and store stock
- SITXINV004 – Control stock
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
Why College Australia?
With a dedication to delivering a premium training service since 2005, College Australia courses offer the perfect stepping-stone in your career! From business to hospitality, leadership and management, health administration and more, they’ve got courses specifically designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to get ahead in your field.
Enjoy the convenience of online study and follow their specially tailored courses, filled with relevant, real world. Enquire about a course today and get recognised with College Australia!
College Australia isn’t just about getting you qualified, they want to ensure you enjoy and are supported every step of your study journey, which is why they have a variety of personal support, learning support and disability support services available to students. Turn to their friendly, helpful and fully competent staff who’ll be available to help you with your individual needs.