In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47321) from College for Adult Learning will give you key administrative and medical terminology skills required to move into more senior administrative or leadership roles within a medical practice. You’ll develop skills in implementing customer service strategies, work health safety and legal requirements along with customer service strategies to provide high-quality care for a variety of customer needs.
You’ll learn how to:
- Strengthen ability to understand medical documents and terminology and meet work health safety and legal requirements
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Implement customer service strategies to meet customer needs and maintain a high level of service.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for, some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. Students will be required to have access to your own eligible workplace, or an eligible host workplace, to successfully complete their qualification. If you are not in an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace that meets the requirements for the course. For more information regarding workplace requirements, please Enquire Now.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
Subjects you may study in this course include:
- BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- HLTINF007 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies and procedures
- BSBOPS404 - Implement customer service strategies
- BSBMED305 - Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- HLTADM010 - Facilitate a coordinated approach to client care
- HLTCCD003 - Use medical terminology in health care
- BSBHRM415 - Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM417 - Support human resources functions and processes
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.