In a nutshell
The Diploma of Business (Records and Information Management) (Specialising in Health Administration) (BSB50120) from College for Adult Learning will give you key administrative skills and strengthen your ability to manage medical information and records efficiently, preparing you to manage the complete admin and recordkeeping function within a medical practice.
You’ll also develop essential skills in managing business resources, budgets and operational planning while learning how to develop administrative systems to streamline processes and ensure your medical practice is operating efficiently.
You’ll learn how to:
- Implement and manage information management systems to increase efficiency
- Develop skills in managing budgets and financial plans to understand the business financial position
- Monitor business records systems and records management to ensure information is accurate
- Manage medical records and oversee information management systems to increase efficiency
What you’ll need
As part of the subject unit HLTADM004 - Manage Health Billing and Accounting Systems, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace.
You will be required to have access to your own eligible workplace, or an eligible host workplace, to successfully complete this unit.
If you do not have access to an eligible workplace, please speak to our friendly Learning Consultants about tailoring your course structure to remove the workplace requirement and match exactly what you need.
Subjects you may study in this course include:
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBOPS503 - Develop administrative systems
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBINS501 - Implement information and knowledge management systems
- BSBINS512 - Monitor business records systems
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- BSBINS513 - Contribute to records management framework
- BSBINS601 - Manage knowledge and information
- HLTADM004 - Manage health billing and accounting system
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.