In a nutshell
This Leadership Diploma provides you with the skills you need for effective team management, business relationship management and influential leadership. You’ll strengthen your communication skills, supporting your endeavours to optimise team performance, foster positive working relationships and face one of the biggest challenges that comes with becoming a leader – holding difficult conversations.
In addition to becoming a standout communicator, this management course will equip you with a wide range of essential business skills in budgeting and finance, operational business planning and work health and safety skills to ensure a safe workplace for your colleagues. By completing the Diploma of Leadership & Management (BSB50420), you’re developing the practical skills you need to be an effective manager and the soft skills you need to become an indispensable leader.
What you’ll learn
- Lead and manage organisational change
- Manage budgets and operational plans
- People and performance management
- Lead difficult conversations and manage team effectiveness
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.