In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Business from Deakin University is a comprehensive undergraduate course designed for those wishing to pursue careers in business and management.
This three-year course focuses strongly on practical skills and work-integrated learning opportunities. You’ll learn through real experiences, which will help you integrate your knowledge, consolidate skills, tackle real problems, and develop your professional identity.
The areas you’ll study range from financial literacy and the global economy through to marketing, entrepreneurship and innovation. Study on-campus in Melbourne or Geelong, or online with cloud-based learning.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
- Entry for school leavers will be based on their performance in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published clearly-in Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
- Entry for non school leavers will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline; OR
- a Diploma in any discipline; OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units; OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience.
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financial Literacy
- The Global Economy
- Making Sense of Information
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Logistics
- Intrapersonal Skills
- Team Dynamics
- Global Mindset and Citizenship
- Business Management Capstone
- Community Based Volunteering
- Work Based Learning
- Team Internship
- Business Internship
- Industry Based Learning (3mth)
Why Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: