In a nutshell
The Graduate Diploma of Human Nutrition, offered by Deakin University, is the ideal postgraduate course for students wishing to pursue careers as nutritionists.
Throughout this one-year online course, you’ll develop a broad knowledge base regarding human nutrition, from metabolic studies and food science to social and behavioural nutrition. Key learning areas include: the physiological basis of nutrition; nutritional requirements and assessment; the nature and composition of foods and food groups; and the social, cultural and economic aspects of nutrition.
Students complete four core units of study plus four elective units, giving you the opportunity to tailor your course and study topics in line with your own interests and career aspirations.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of a three year bachelor degree in any discipline from an approved university or other educational institution; OR
- Equivalent qualifications; OR
- At least three years relevant professional experience.
In this nutrition course, the subjects you may study include:
- Principles of Nutrition
- Nutritional Biochemistry and Physiology
- Lifespan Nutrition
- Essentials of Food Science
- Diet and Disease
- Public Health Nutrition
- Food, Nutrition and Behaviour
- Food Policy and Public Health
- Nutrition Promotion
- Sports Nutrition
- Understanding Human Nutrition Research Studies
- Assessment Methods for Nutrition and Physical Activity Research
- Obesity Prevention
- Postgraduate Nutrition Practicum
- Nutritional Issues from Early Childhood to Adolescence
- Nutrition Research Project Part A
- Nutrition Research Project Part B
- Principles of Nutrition
- International Nutrition
- Nutrition for Healthy Ageing
- International Perspectives in Food and Nutrition
Why Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.