In a nutshell
The Master of Business Administration from Deakin University is one of Australia’s premier business education programs for the business leaders of tomorrow.
Throughout this course, you’ll develop a comprehensive knowledge base and skill set, covering a wide range of topics in areas such as business fundamentals and context; running an organisation; decision-making; and strategy and value creation. The course is grounded in the everyday reality of business and its real-world issues, and includes writing workshops, mentoring programs, seminars, networking, career enhancement and professional development opportunities.
Deakin’s MBA course is internationally recognised and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development. Its online program is ranked number 1 in Australia and in the top 20 globally.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements; AND
- Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor degree in any discipline and three years relevant work experience in a managerial or professional role; OR
- a Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and five years relevant work experience in a managerial or professional role; OR
- a Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways); AND
- All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current CV;
- current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning your work experience;
- a one page brief outlining why you believe that your work experience would be valued by your MBA peers.
In this MBA course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business Process Management
- Accounting and Analysis for Managers
- Economics for Managers
- Marketing Management
- People Management
- Principles of Leadership
- Strategy Capstone
Why Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: