In a nutshell
The Master of Applied Sport Science, offered by Deakin University, is a comprehensive course designed for those seeking careers as sport scientists in a variety of professional and semi-professional sporting settings.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn how to implement and evaluate initiatives designed to enhance the performance of elite athletes; critically evaluate and contribute to current research in sport science; solve complex and authentic problems; and more. By the time you graduate, you’ll have developed an advanced and integrated knowledge base and understanding of sport science.
This course is delivered entirely online through Deakin’s Cloud Campus. It consists of 12 core units with topics ranging from sport performance analysis through to the scientific process for sport scientists.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of a three year bachelor degree in Exercise and Sport Science or equivalent from an approved university or other educational institution.
In this science course, the subjects you may study include:
- Athlete and Program Development in High Performance Sport
- The Scientific Process for Sports Scientists
- Strength and Conditioning Methods for Athletes
- Sport Performance Analysis
- Data Analysis and Program Evaluation for Sports Scientists
- Advanced Sport Performance Analysis
- Applied Sport Science Project - Part 1
- High Performance Management in Sport
- Factors Influencing Training Design for Sport
- Applied Sport Science Project - Part 2
- Professional Practice
Why Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.