In a nutshell
Become a senior healthcare leader and advance your career with this highly regarded Master of Business Administration (Healthcare Management) course from Deakin University.
In a complicated and changing world, a comprehensive understanding of the wider context of healthcare management is crucial to effectively leading and managing in a health setting. That’s why this qualification is jointly administered by Deakin University’s school of business and school of medicine – offering you unique opportunities to build the knowledge, skills and experience required to efficiently and effectively lead in the healthcare sector.
This course offers you the opportunity to build advanced knowledge in key areas of business – including strategic planning, leadership, financial and risk management and critical thinking – grounded in a deep understanding of the unique and pressing challenges of the modern healthcare context. With this tailored, relevant qualification, you’ll be uniquely equipped to meet the growing challenges of the nation’s health and provision of healthcare.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline and have three years of relevant, demonstrated work experience in a managerial or professional role; OR
- Hold a graduate certificate in a related discipline and have five years of relevant, demonstrated work experience in a managerial or professional role; OR
- Hold a graduate diploma equivalent (professional pathways).
English language proficiently requirements also apply.
The following considerations may also be applied:
- Full-time, minimum 12 months clinical internships taken post-graduation by MBBS/BMBS/MBChB/BDS graduates may be considered equivalent to one year of the required 3 years’ professional work experience; AND
- All postgraduate medical and/or dental fellowships recognised by their country’s licensing or regulatory bodies may be considered as relevant professional work experience.
In this healthcare management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Academic integrity
- The Deakin advantage: Leadership and professional development
- Strategy and value creation
- Financial decision making
- The economic environment
- Marketing, positioning and consumers
- Business processes and technology
- Leading people in organisations
- The Deakin advantage: Capstone
- Fundamentals of health informatics
- Health law and ethics
- Healthcare operations
- Clinical governance
- Comparative health systems
- Research literacy for health practice
- Health management practicum
- Economic evaluation 1
- Epidemiology 1
- Resource allocation and priority setting
- Economic and health policy analysis
Why Deakin University?
Established in 1974 as Australia’s first regional university in Victoria, Deakin University has consistently raised the bar in delivering quality tertiary education with a focus on excellent teaching and research.
The multi-award winning education provider teaches over 53,000 students a year, offering renowned courses that integrate real-world expertise and practical skills. Get recognised with Deakin in a range of industries, including nutrition, sports management, property management, law, business and more. Plus, they’ve have ranked in the top 2% by the acclaimed Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
As a student of Deakin, you’ll get support every step of the way along your learning journey!
They’ve got a range of on-campus facilities and online features to help ease the pressure of study, including on-campus childcare services, a medical centre with qualified nurses and doctors, free and confidential counselling (face-to-face or via phone) and more.
Deakin also offer advisers and resources to help develop your academic skills. Advisers are available on campus and online to help guide you in your research, assignment and study practices.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: