In a nutshell
NOTE: Demi International has multiple campuses in Queensland only, so to do this course, you need to be able to attend one of these campuses.
Barber shops have made a notable comeback over the last 10 years, and the demand for qualified barbers is increasing across the country. If you posses flair and creativity, and would like to build a career in hairdressing or even start your own barber shop, then this SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering qualification from Demi International could be ideal for you.
By enrolling in Demi International’s entry-level barbering qualification program, you will acquire the requisite knowledge and skills to become a proficient barber. Throughout the course of your studies, you will gain practical experience by catering to a diverse clientele, allowing you to develop your own unique approach to the art of barbering.
Demi’s state-of-the-art training facilities will provide you with ample opportunities to hone your creative and technical skills in a professional environment.
Few trades offer as many opportunities to start and own your own business, so enrol now and let your exciting journey begin.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, anyone can enrol.
While completing the SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering qualification from Demi International, you may study the following subjects:
Inside the barber shop
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBHIND001 - Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SIRRINV001 - Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRRMER001 - Produce visual merchandise displays
- SHBXIND002 - Communicate as part of a salon team
Cut and clipper
- SHBHCUT001 - Design haircut structures
- SHBHCUT002 - Create one length or solid haircut structures
- SHBHCUT003 - Create graduated haircut structures
- SHBHCUT004 - Create layered haircut structures
- SHBHCUT005 - Cut hair using over-comb techniques
- SHBHCUT007 - Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures
- SHBHCUT009 - Cut hair using freehand clipper techniques
- SHBHCUT010 - Create haircuts using tracks and carving
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon services to clients
- SHBHIND003 - Develop and expand a client base
- SHBHIND002 - Research and use hairdressing industry information
Beards, moustaches, grooming
- SHBHCUT011 - Design and maintain beards and moustaches
- SHBHCUT012 - Shave heads and faces
- SHBHDES001 - Dry hair to shape
- SHBHCUT013 - Provide men’s general grooming services
- SHBHBAS001 - Provide shampoo and basin services
- SHBHTRI001 - Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
- SHBHBAS002 - Provide head, neck and shoulder massage for relaxation
Why Demi International?
Demi International (RTO: 32542) is a government-registered vocational education and training institution that provides a range of courses in the beauty, makeup, and massage therapy fields.
Their courses are designed to provide students with the practical skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen profession. They offer both full-time and part-time courses and have multiple campuses located in Queensland, Australia.
Demi International's courses are taught by industry professionals with extensive experience in their respective fields, and they use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure students receive the best possible
Demi International places a strong emphasis on providing comprehensive student support services to help students succeed academically and personally.
They offer individualised support services such as career counselling, academic advice, and tutoring to help students overcome any obstacles they may face during their studies.
They also provide students with access to a range of resources, such as online learning materials, study guides, and practice exams, to help them prepare for
assessments and exams. Demi International is committed to ensuring that all students have the support they need to achieve their academic and professional goals.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: