In a nutshell
NOTE: Demi International has multiple campuses in Queensland only, so to do this course, you need to be able to attend one of these campuses.
If you obsess about the way people look, and posses natural creativity and a well-developed sense of taste, then a career in hairdressing might be an excellent option for you. This entry-level SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing qualification from Demi International will give you all the skills you need to be able to express your creativity to the fullest, and become an excellent hairdresser clients will keep coming back to.
Pursuing a career in hairdressing can be a highly fulfilling and rewarding choice. Not only does this field offer immense personal satisfaction, but it also presents ample professional growth opportunities within a burgeoning industry. According to industry statistics, the hair and barbering sector is expected to witness steady growth over the next five years, thereby presenting a wealth of promising career prospects for skilled professionals. So enrol now and let your exciting career journey begin.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, anyone can enrol.
While completing the SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing qualification from Demi International, you may study the following subjects:
Inside the salon
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SHBHIND001 - Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXIND002 - Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organizational requirements within a personal services environment
Cut and design
- SHBHCUT001 - Design haircut structures
- SHBHCUT002 - Create one length or solid haircut structures
- SHBHCUT003 - Create graduated haircut structures
- SHBHCUT004 - Create layered haircut structures
- SHBHCUT005 - Cut hair using over-comb techniques
- SHBHCUT007 - Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures
- SHBHCUT006 - Create combined haircut structures
- SHBHIND003 - Develop and expand a client base
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon services to clients
- SIRRMER001 - Produce visual merchandise display
- SHBHIND002 - Research and use hairdressing industry information
Creative hair design
- SHBHDES002 - Braid hair
- SHBHDES003 - Create finished hair designs
- SHBHDES004 - Create classic long hair up-styles
- SHBHBAS002 - Provide head, neck & shoulder massage for relaxation
- SHBHBAS001 - Provide shampoo and basin services
- SHBHTRI001 - Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
Colour, bleach, highlight
- SHBHCLS002 - Colour and lighten Hair
- SHBHCLS003 - Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments
- SHBHCLS004 - Neutralise unwanted colours and tones
- SHBHCLS005 - Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments
- SHBHREF002 - Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments
Why Demi International?
Demi International (RTO: 32542) is a government-registered vocational education and training institution that provides a range of courses in the beauty, makeup, and massage therapy fields.
Their courses are designed to provide students with the practical skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen profession. They offer both full-time and part-time courses and have multiple campuses located in Queensland, Australia.
Demi International's courses are taught by industry professionals with extensive experience in their respective fields, and they use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure students receive the best possible
Demi International places a strong emphasis on providing comprehensive student support services to help students succeed academically and personally.
They offer individualised support services such as career counselling, academic advice, and tutoring to help students overcome any obstacles they may face during their studies.
They also provide students with access to a range of resources, such as online learning materials, study guides, and practice exams, to help them prepare for
assessments and exams. Demi International is committed to ensuring that all students have the support they need to achieve their academic and professional goals.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: