In a nutshell
NOTE: Demi International has multiple campuses in Queensland only, so to do this course, you need to be able to attend one of these campuses.
The Demi International SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualification is an excellent opportunity for students who are passionate about pursuing a career in the beauty industry. This course is highly regarded both nationally and internationally and provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the field.
You will master the essential beauty therapy skills such as specialised facial treatments and advanced skincare, foundation waxing, nail, lash and brow treatments, makeup design and application as well as all about salon services including safety, hygiene and marketing.
The course also includes practical experience in student clinics located at each campus, providing hands-on experience in a real-world salon setting. Demi International takes pride in seeing their graduates succeed and has partnered with a top Laser, Skin & Body clinic to provide students with employment opportunities and help accelerate their careers. With the Demi International Diploma of Beauty Therapy, students can be confident in their ability to thrive in the beauty industry.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but you may have to take the Literacy Numeracy Assessment if Year 12 or higher education has not been completed.
While completing the SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy qualification from Demi International, you may study the following subjects:
- SHBBCCS005 – Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBXCCS008 – Provide salon service to clients
- SHBXWHS003 – Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBINF002 – Maintain infection control standards
- HLTINF005 – Maintain infection prevention for skin penetration treatments
- SHBBRES003 – Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS007 – Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXIND003 – Comply with organisation requirements within a personal services environment
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the retail customer
- SHBBFAS005 – Provide facial treatments and skincare recommendations
- SHBBFAS006 – Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBSKS009 – Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- SHBBFAS004 – Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBHRS010 – Provide waxing services
- SHBBHRS011 – Provide female intimate waxing services
- SHBBNLS007 – Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBNLS011 – Use electric nail file equipment for nail services
Body and spa treatments
- SHBBBOS008 – Provide body massages
- SHBBSPA007 – Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSPA008 – Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBBOS009 – Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS010 – Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
Health, anatomy and physiology
- SHBBSSC001 – Incorporate knowledge of skin structure and functions into beauty therapy
- SHBBSSC002 – Incorporate knowledge of body structures and functions into beauty therapy
- SHBXCCS005 – Maintain health and wellbeing in a personal services environment
- SHBXCCS006 – Promote healthy nutritional options in a beauty therapy context
Makeup and marketing
- SHBBMUP009 – Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP010 – Design and apply make-up for photography
- SIRXOSM002 – Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
Why Demi International?
Demi International (RTO: 32542) is a government-registered vocational education and training institution that provides a range of courses in the beauty, makeup, and massage therapy fields.
Their courses are designed to provide students with the practical skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen profession. They offer both full-time and part-time courses and have multiple campuses located in Queensland, Australia.
Demi International's courses are taught by industry professionals with extensive experience in their respective fields, and they use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure students receive the best possible
Demi International places a strong emphasis on providing comprehensive student support services to help students succeed academically and personally.
They offer individualised support services such as career counselling, academic advice, and tutoring to help students overcome any obstacles they may face during their studies.
They also provide students with access to a range of resources, such as online learning materials, study guides, and practice exams, to help them prepare for
assessments and exams. Demi International is committed to ensuring that all students have the support they need to achieve their academic and professional goals.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: