In a nutshell
NOTE: Demi International has multiple campuses in Queensland only, so to do this course, you need to be able to attend one of these campuses.
If you have an interest in remedial massage, and would like to explore a rewarding career in the beauty industry, then this HLT52021 Diploma of Remedial Massage from Demi International could be the right qualification for you.
This well-rounded and comprehensive course is designed to prepare graduates for a fulfilling career as a remedial massage therapist, and it will teach you essential skills such as how to provide remedial massage treatments, how to apply principles of pain neuroscience, how to apply remedial massage practice for athletes and how to analyse and respond to client health information. The course also includes extra skills training in pregnancy, reflexology, myofascial cupping, and dry needling.
The course has been developed in consultation with employers, industry experts and massage associations to ensure that graduates are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the industry. This qualification is fully recognised by Australia’s leading Massage Associations, giving graduates access to membership and ability to offer health rebates to their clients with private health cover
Students will complete a theory component online & practical components through a mix of face-to-face on-campus delivery and work placement sourced by the student.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but you may have to take the Literacy Numeracy Assessment if Year 12 or higher education has not been completed.
While completing the HLT52021 Diploma of Remedial Massage qualification from Demi International, you may study the following subjects:
The therapeutic therapist
- HLTMSG009 - Develop massage practice
- CHCPRP005 - Engage with health professionals and health system
- CHCCOM006 - Establish and manage client relationships
- HLTMSG010 - Assess client massage needs
- HLTMSG011 - Provide massage treatments
- HLTINF004 - Manage the prevention and control of infection HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP003 - Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid
- CHCCCS001 - Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
Succeeding in the business of massage therapy
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- BSBESB401 - Research and develop business plans
The remedial massage therapist
- HLTMSG013 - Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- HLTMSG014 - Provide remedial massage treatments
- HLTMSG015 - Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs
- HLTMSG016 - Apply principles of pain neuroscience
- HLTMSG017 - Apply remedial massage clinical practice
- HLTMSG018 - Apply remedial massage practice for athletes
- Pregnancy and Infancy Massage
- Myofascial/Remedial Cupping
- Dry Needling
Why Demi International?
Demi International (RTO: 32542) is a government-registered vocational education and training institution that provides a range of courses in the beauty, makeup, and massage therapy fields.
Their courses are designed to provide students with the practical skills and knowledge required to succeed in their chosen profession. They offer both full-time and part-time courses and have multiple campuses located in Queensland, Australia.
Demi International's courses are taught by industry professionals with extensive experience in their respective fields, and they use state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure students receive the best possible
Demi International places a strong emphasis on providing comprehensive student support services to help students succeed academically and personally.
They offer individualised support services such as career counselling, academic advice, and tutoring to help students overcome any obstacles they may face during their studies.
They also provide students with access to a range of resources, such as online learning materials, study guides, and practice exams, to help them prepare for
assessments and exams. Demi International is committed to ensuring that all students have the support they need to achieve their academic and professional goals.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: