In a nutshell
Build sought-after skills to help keep teams safe and productive with this online Master of Occupational Health and Safety course from Edith Cowan University.
If you’re a strategic thinker with an eye for detail who wants a career helping others, this qualification may be your next career step. Designed for students with no previous occupational health and safety experience, this nationally recognised qualification will equip you with the advanced skills and knowledge required to design, implement and asses the health and safety processes and regulations that keep workplaces thriving.
In this qualification you’ll build the skills and knowledge required to design and implement a tailored occupational health and safety management system; to conduct and evaluate risk assessments; to interpret and apply relevant workplace safety legislation in your workplace; and to assess future hazards and risks.
In an increasingly regulated and uncertain business world, skilled health and safety professionals are in high demand. With this qualification, you’ll be able to effectively help teams and individuals promote safe and healthy workplace behaviours for the benefit of all.
What you’ll need
You may be eligible to apply for a postgraduate course at ECU if you meet the following:
- Hold a Bachelor Degree from a recognised Australian Institution (or equivalent); OR
- Hold a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Occupational/Workplace Health and Safety/Safety Science; AND
- Meet ECU’s English Competency requirements and any other special admission requirements for the course
In this WHS course, the subjects you may study include:
- Workplace health and safety law
- Occupational health and safety and safety risk management
- Occupation health and safety management systems
- Workplace hazards
- Health and safety principles in practice
- Occupational hygiene science
- Health science research project 1
- Health science research project 2
- Research preparation: Principles and approaches
- Workers compensation and rehabilitation
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Principles of environmental health
- Occupational epidemiology
- Emergencies and crisis management
- Occupational health management
- Systems safety
- Occupational hygiene 1: Chemical aspects
- Occupational hygiene 2: Physical and biological aspects
- Occupational hygiene 3: Control
- Occupational hygiene sampling and study design
- Occupational toxicology
- Leadership in workplace health and safety
Why Edith Cowan University?
Since opening in 1991, Edith Cowan University (ECU) has established itself as the go-to Australian university for a quality learning experience. Students graduate among some of the best in the world and have continued to serve society in many important roles.
ECU produces winners because they are a winner! In 2018 Times Higher Education ranked ECU in the world’s top 150 universities under 50 years old, and the Good Universities Guide has given them a 5-star rating for teaching quality 12 years straight.
From social work, youth work, nutrition, engineering, technology, management and more, ECU offer a host of undergraduate and postgraduate courses that’ll excel your career and expose you to new levels of success. Enquire today and see where an ECU qualification can lead you!
Students feel happy, well supported and well educated when they study with ECU, in fact, in the 2018 QILT survey, Edith Cowan University received the highest student experience rating of all Australian public universities.
When you study with ECU, you’ll have access to expert course advice, counselling, diversity and disability services, transnational and national program support, student success programs, careers and employability services... just to name a few.