In a nutshell
Start an exciting new career based on helping people look and feel their best with this SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy course from Ella Baché College.
Working closely with clients in a range of beauty and health settings, beauty therapists can enjoy fast-paced and people-focused careers, and can expect a dynamic day-to-day routine. In this beauty therapy course, you’ll build the practical skills and sound knowledge required to provide a diverse range of high-quality and safety-compliant beauty services to clients, and develop the personal insights required to manage scheduling, customer service and client relationships with ease.
In this course, you’ll learn how to apply facial and body treatments, perform waxing and lash treatments, provide nail and make-up services, and how to administer alternative health therapies, including aromatherapy and diathermy services. After completing this course, you’ll be equipped with both the practical skills and the interpersonal abilities to work confidently and safely in a salon or spa environment, helping your clients to achieve their goals and feel their best.
This course has two different delivery methods to suit your lifestyle:
- On-campus: study 2.5 days per week at one of our campus in Sydney for 12 months
- Blended (on-campus + online): study one day per week at our Sydney campus with the remainder of the course completed online
Ella Baché College
Ella Baché College Diploma of Beauty Therapy
What you’ll need
Students should be aged 16 and over.
Students aged 16-18 should be able to provide a parent/guardian approval, or attend an Under 18’s screening interview with the college and/or provide supporting evidence such as year 10 school report and/or recommendation from a principal, employer or a community group.
Requirements for students aged 18 and above:
- Completed year 10 or equivalent and above;
- VSL students must meet one of the following academic entry requirements to be eligible for enrolment through VSL funding
- Completion of any Certificate IV in the Australian Qualifications Framework (with qualification delivered in English); or Completion of year 12, a Higher School Certificate and provision of a copy of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education; or
- Completion of Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to validly and reliably assess a student’s competence at or above ‘Exit level 3’ in both reading and numeracy in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), using the ACER Core Skills Profile for Adults assessment tool.
In this beauty therapy course, the subjects you will study may include:
Cluster 1 - Beauty Specialist
- SHBBHRS010 - Provide waxing services (Core)
- SHBBMUP009 - Design and apply make-up (Core)
- SHBBNLS011 - Use electric file equipment for nail services (Core)
- SHBBNLS007 - Provide manicure and pedicare services (Core)
- SHBBFAS004 - Provide lash and brow services (Core)
- SHBXCCS007 - Conduct salon financial transactions (Core)
- SHBXCCS008 - Provide salon services to clients (Core)
- SHBXWHS003 - Apply safe hygiene, health, and work practices (Core)
Cluster 2 – Skin Specialist
- SHBXCCS006 - Promote healthy nutritional options in a beauty therapy context (Core)
- SHBBSSC001 - Incorporate knowledge of skin structure and functions into beauty therapy (Core)
- SHBBSSC002 - Incorporate knowledge of body structures and functions into beauty therapy (Core)
- SHBBFAS005 - Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations (Core)
- SHBBFAS006 - Provide specialised facial treatments (Core)
- SHBBSPA008 - Provide Indian head massages for relaxation (Elective)
- SHBBINF002 - Maintain infection control standards (Elective)
- SHBBSKS009 - Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments (Elective)
- SIRXSLS001 - Sell to the retail customer (Core)
- SHBBCCS005 - Advise on beauty products and services (Core)
- SHBXCCS005 - Maintain health and wellbeing in a personal services setting (Core)
- SIRXOSM002 - Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms (Core)
Cluster 3 – Body Specialist
- SHBBBOS009 - Provide aromatherapy massages (Elective)
- SHBBBOS010 - Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments (Elective)
- SHBBBOS008 - Provide body massages (Core)
- SHBBSPA007 - Provide stone therapy massages (Elective)
- SHBBBOS011 - Provide superficial lymph massage treatments Elective
- SHBBCCS006 - Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments (Elective)
- SBESB401 - Research and develop business plans (Elective)
- SHBXIND003 - Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment (Core)
- SHBBRES003 - Research and apply beauty industry information (Core)
Why Ella Baché College of Skin & Beauty?
Ella Baché College of Skin & Beauty is Australia’s only beauty therapy college run by a renowned skincare brand; discover the benefits studying with Ella Baché College can have on your career in beauty!
They’re not only a premium and iconic cosmetics brand with over 150 salons around the country; they’ve been successfully educating and training beauty therapists for the last 60 years. Enjoy a unique learning experience led by trainers with years of industry practice and gain access to their custom built, state-of-the-art online learning system.
Upon getting qualified in Beauty Therapy or IPL and Laser Reduction, you’ll be sought after by beauty salons, medi-spas, cosmetic clinics and day spas. Your future in beauty has never looked so good!
Studying with the team at Ella Baché College of Skin & Beauty will not only kick-off your career in beauty, but will mean you gain on-going support throughout your time in the industry.
Work with a dedicated career coach who will connect you with over 150 Ella Baché salons around Australia to gain work experience, structured workplace learning and employment opportunities.
You’ll have access to the Ella Baché’s network and salons for valuable on-the-job training and client exposure. From taking bookings, selling products, and diagnosing skin conditions – they’ll guide you through it all!
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: