In a nutshell
Improve your client’s movement, pain management, injury prevention, performance, and recovery through Endeavour College’s Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015). This course enables you to register to become a registered health provider and provides valuable skills toward running your own practice or setting you on the pathway to undertake higher education study in Myotherapy or Musculoskeletal Therapy.
As a Remedial Massage student, you will gain a wealth of theoretical knowledge and practical experience that will put you in good stead when you complete your course. This course gives you the skills you need to become a qualified remedial massage therapist and opens the door to a wide range of career options – both Australia-wide and globally.
What you’ll need
Endeavour College is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements.
To gain entry to a recognised vocational education course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- For courses which involve clinical subjects, a valid Working with Children Check (or its equivalent) will be required to be supplied to the College prior to study. If the applicant knows of any reason why they will not pass a Working with Children Check, they should not apply for entry to these courses.
- Provide one of the following:
- A copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (i.e. a Year 12 qualification) or
- A copy of a higher level qualification completed or successful completion of 1 year FTE or
- Achieve competency in Exit Level 3 score and working at Level 4 within the Australian Core Skills Framework assessments in Reading and Numeracy
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
An example of subjects you may study in the Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015) are:
- HLTAAP003 - Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
- HLTMSG003 - Perform Musculoskeletal Assessments
- HLTMSG005 - Provide remedial massage treatments
- CHCPRP005 - Building a Referral Network
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to commence a selection of subjects online with an updated digital delivery model.
To support learning, students attend practical classes where they are expected to practise interviewing and case assessment techniques, as well as physical clinical examination and treatment procedures. This is conducted under the supervision of qualified instructors and with respect for privacy, cultural and religious differences. Students gain significant clinical experience at Endeavour's Teaching Clinics under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
In the clinics, students will develop and hone all skills required for professional clinical practise (and to run a successful clinic after graduation), including client assessment and management, client recruitment and continuity of care, and customer service.
Why Endeavour College of Natural Health?
Endeavour College of Natural Health has been providing Vocational and Higher Education courses in Natural Health since 1975.
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practise of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practise. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in both a digital and practical learning environment.
Endeavour is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes for our Bachelor of Health Science degrees (in Acupuncture Therapies, Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy & Nutrition), Bachelor of Complementary Medicine, Diploma of Health Science or Undergraduate Certificates. Vocational Education courses (such as Remedial Massage) are offered 4 times a year.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College of Natural Health!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)
As well as providing a community for our students via our Student Portal, Events and Campus Facebook pages, Endeavour offers a wide array of support services to assist students which include:
- Studiosity - Study Support Platform
- Access & Equity Program
- Student Assistance Program
- Academic Assistance
- Student Adviser Consultations
- Careers Service
- Library Services
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: