In a nutshell
Gain the technical and managerial skills required to work as a builder with this Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110) course from Everthought Education.
Designed for students with no prior experience, this course will equip you with the core skills, knowledge and experience required to work in the building and construction industry. Jobs in this industry remain in high demand, and construction workers in management roles can earn more than double the average Australian weekly full-time wage, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
This course will help you build the foundation skills required to work safely and effectively in small to medium-sized building businesses. You’ll learn how to manage building codes and occupational health and safety standards; estimate costs and schedules for building work; interpret and supervise building plans; procure labour and materials for work; and apply structural principles to construction work.
With a combined delivery, this course offers the flexibility of online learning with the utility of an in-person workroom. You’ll build practical skills and grow your knowledge without interrupting your life, and graduate qualified to take the first step in a rewarding career in construction.
What you’ll need
There are no eligibility requirements for this qualification; however, students will be required to take a language, literacy and numeracy assessment prior to starting this course.
In this building and constructions course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A — Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4001A — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A — Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A — Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A — Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A — Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B — Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A — Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B — Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B — Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B — Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B — Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012B — Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4013A — Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4014A — Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4024A — Resolve business disputes
Why Everthought Education?
Everthought Education is a leading national expert in training and skills development for the building and construction industry, established in 2011.
With purpose-built training centres in Brisbane and Perth, and virtual classrooms led by trainers and assessors Australia-wide, Everthought Education offers hands-on practical experience with flexible study options that won’t interrupt your life.
Students can choose from a range of specialised building and construction qualifications, from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Students are also eligible to have prior professional experienced recognised by Everthought Education with a formal academic qualification.
Everthought Education understands the real world.
With blended learning opportunities, students will benefit from online learning with a team of national experts, while building practical skills in purpose-designed, real-world facilities.
Students with previous work experience can also apply to have this formally recognised as prior learning towards their qualification. Everthought Education’s team of expert assessors will assess skills, identify gaps, and recommend gap training if necessary.