In a nutshell
Start your construction management career with this Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210) course from Everthought Education.
Designed for students with no prior experience in construction, this course will equip you with the core skills, knowledge and experience required to work in management positions in the building and construction industry in just one year.
In this course, you’ll build strong foundation skills and knowledge in how to work safely and effectively to successfully lead construction sites and teams. You’ll learn how to manage building codes and occupational health and safety standards; estimate costs and schedules for building work; interpret and supervise building plans; procure labour and materials for work; and apply structural engineering principles to construction work.
With a combined online and in-person delivery, this course offers the flexibility of online learning with the practicality of a real-world workplace. If you’re a natural problem-solver who likes taking the lead, this course could be your first step towards a rewarding and exciting career in construction management.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course. Students will be required to take a language, literacy and numeracy assessment before starting this course.
In this building course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBOHS504B — Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A — Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A — Manage project risk
- CPCCBC4001A — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4003A — Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A — Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B — Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A — Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A — Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A — Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B — Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A — Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- CPCCBC4005A — Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4014A — Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC5005A — Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5007B — Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCSUS5001A — Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
Why Everthought Education?
Everthought Education is a leading national expert in training and skills development for the building and construction industry, established in 2011.
With purpose-built training centres in Brisbane and Perth, and virtual classrooms led by trainers and assessors Australia-wide, Everthought Education offers hands-on practical experience with flexible study options that won’t interrupt your life.
Students can choose from a range of specialised building and construction qualifications, from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Students are also eligible to have prior professional experienced recognised by Everthought Education with a formal academic qualification.
Everthought Education understands the real world.
With blended learning opportunities, students will benefit from online learning with a team of national experts, while building practical skills in purpose-designed, real-world facilities.
Students with previous work experience can also apply to have this formally recognised as prior learning towards their qualification. Everthought Education’s team of expert assessors will assess skills, identify gaps, and recommend gap training if necessary.