In a nutshell
This nationally recognised health administration certificate course teaches you effective customer service skills that will enable you to contribute to the effective running of a medical practice. You will learn how to prepare and process medical accounts, maintain patient records, work in a team environment and respond to workplace problems, changes and challenges. Combined with learning administrative business skills such as, how to organise schedules and deliver a high level of customer service, you will gain a solid understanding of how to work confidently in an administrative position in the health care sector.
With a Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical), you will be qualified to work as a Medical Receptionist, Administration Assistant or Office Junior in a range of health care facilities and industry settings. You will be responsible for undertaking a range of administrative business duties, including directing patient enquiries, scheduling appointments and assisting in a range of clerical duties to ensure the smooth running of a health care or medical facility.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this medical administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBITU307 - Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201 - Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBADM311 - Maintain business resources
- BSBWRT301 - Write simple documents
- BSBITU302 - Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU303 - Design and produce text documents
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 - Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 - Maintain patient records
- BSBMED304 - Assist in controlling stocks and supplies
- BSBMED305 - Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.