In a nutshell
This online Certificate III in Business Administration (BSB30415) course is an excellent starting point for anyone interested in building a career in office admin. Delivered by Foundation Education, the course is a flexible and practical way to receive training across a range of key business administration competencies, all from the comfort of your home.
In this course, students will learn how to maintain financial records, organise schedules, process payroll and engage in basic bookkeeping tasks. You’ll also develop your computer skills, and will be trained to design and produce business documents, create electronic presentations and improve typing speed and accuracy.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be equipped with the office skills and foundational knowledge needed to work in entry-level admin roles.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
(Dial-up access is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this business administration course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBITU307 - Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBWHS201 - Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBWRT301 - Write simple documents
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBCMM301 - Process customer complaints
- BSBFLM312 - Contribute to team effectiveness
- BSBFIA302 - Process Payroll
- BSBFIA303 - Process accounts payable and receivable
- BSBITU302 - Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU313 - Design and produce digital text documents
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.