About this course
Want to learn how to support and assist learning? With flexible, online access to Foundation Education’s CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support, you can pursue a rewarding career as a teacher’s aide, education assistant and education support worker. The course helps you develop practical skills to support and assist students with key learning outcomes and general wellbeing.
You will learn how to cultivate engaging learning environments where students foster oral, literacy and numeracy life skills. Be a standout with the opportunity to complete unique and advantageous electives, where you can diversify and specialise your knowledge.
If you already have some applicable prior learning, work or life experience, you may even be able to receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)!
Learn from others and gain over 100 hours of invaluable practical experience while completing your flexible online studies. This will enable you to build rapport within education communities while interacting with a variety of students with diverse needs and abilities.
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Have access to an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS002 – Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS003 – Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS004 – Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS005 – Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 – Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS007 – Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS017 – Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCEDS018 – Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCEDS024 – Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid*
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.