In a nutshell
The Certificate III in Education Support course will give you an understanding of how to assist with the implementation of planned educational programs, contribute to student education in all developmental domains, support the development of numeracy, literacy and oral language skills, contribute to the management of a classroom and centre, and facilitate learning for students with additional needs.
Upon graduation, you’ll be qualified to work as a Teacher Aide, designing and helping to facilitate educational programs that will guide children’s learning and development. You will work closely with Teachers to reinforce content covered in lessons and provide additional support to students where required.
With the Certificate III in Education Support qualification, you also have the choice to work as an Education Officer, assisting staff in the day-to-day running of public and independent schools and community education settings.
Gain practical skills
This course also requires a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also be required to undertake the unit HLTAID003 Provide First Aid through an external provider.
Please note that this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with updates due for release in the coming year. Rest assured, completion of this course version before 20 January, 2023 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send an enquiry to our Career Advisors.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 years your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement. For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to an education environment AND a qualified teacher who is employed at the school. Education environments may include:
- Government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Private/non-government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Education centre
- Special educational centre
- Community educational centre
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS002 – Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS003 – Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS004 – Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS005 – Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 – Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS007 – Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS017 – Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCEDS018 – Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCEDS024 – Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid*
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.