In a nutshell
If you are passionate about nutrition and would like to build a career around helping people eat better, maintain their health and prevent certain diseases, then gaining this HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) dual qualification from Foundation Education could be a great first step. This nationally recognised qualification provides you with general allied assisting knowledge and specialised assisting skills in nutrition and dietetics.
The course is structured in a way that enables you to gain both qualifications as fast as possible by allowing you to combine your practical work placement which is a required part for both courses. Students must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional.
Initially, you will complete the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance component which will introduce you to the field and give you the basic understanding of allied assistance work. You will then move onto studying the Certificate IV component which will give you a more in-depth understanding of the sector and various roles within it, and focus on your specialty area of nutrition and dietetics without needing to do extra practical work.
Completing this qualification will give you the skills and confidence to excel in the field of allied health, specialising in nutrition and dietetics, and set you up for a rewarding and secure career in the field of healthcare.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will need a reliable PC or a laptop and an internet connection.
When undertaking both qualifications the student must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional. Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the HLT33015 Certificate III and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) dual qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBMED301 -Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTAID011* - Provide First Aid
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- HLTAHA018 - Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 - Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 - Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 - Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557