In a nutshell
If you are passionate about nutrition and would like to build a career around helping people eat better, maintain their health and prevent certain diseases, then gaining this HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) dual qualification from Foundation Education could be a great first step. This nationally recognised qualification provides you with general allied assisting knowledge and specialised assisting skills in nutrition and dietetics.
The course is structured in a way that enables you to gain both qualifications as fast as possible by allowing you to combine your practical work placement which is a required part for both courses. Initially, you will complete the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance component which will introduce you to the field and give you the basic understanding of allied assistance work. You will then move onto studying the Certificate IV component which will give you a more in-depth understanding of the sector and various roles within it, and focus on your specialty area of nutrition and dietetics without needing to do extra practical work.
Completing this qualification will give you the skills and confidence to excel in the field of allied health, specialising in nutrition and dietetics, and set you up for a rewarding and secure career in the field of healthcare.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will need a reliable PC or a laptop and an internet connection.
When undertaking both qualifications the student must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional. Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the HLT33015 Certificate III and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) dual qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBMED301 -Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- * HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- HLTAHA018 - Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 - Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 - Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 - Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
*This course contains unit HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.