In a nutshell
If you aspire to a career in healthcare, and have a special interest physiotherapy, then this dual HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) qualification from Foundation Education could be a great starting point. Allied healthcare is a growing field with over 1.5 million people currently employed in various positions in Australia, and completing this course will give you access to many generalist or specialised allied healthcare positions in the industry.
This course is structured in a way that will allow you to complete both the basic HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Healthcare Assistance qualification and the more in-depth and specialised HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) qualification in the shortest amount of time by combining the practical work component across both. After learning the general allied health assisting skills, you will move onto the part of the course which gives you the required skills to specialise in assisting other allied healthcare professionals in the field of physiotherapy. You will learn how to treat issues that affect muscles, joints, heart, blood circulation and lungs using physical methods such as massages and manipulation and other modern physiotherapy techniques.
On completion of the course you will be fully qualified to start working as an Allied Health Physiotherapy Assistant in any relevant private practice, hospital, workplace or community health centre.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will need a reliable PC or a laptop and an internet connection.
When undertaking both qualifications the student must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional. Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the dual HLT33015 Certificate III and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- * HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- BSBINM301 - Organise workplace information
- * HLTAID001 - Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAHA003 - Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program
- HLTAHA005 - Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
*This course contains units, HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.