In a nutshell
If you’ve always wanted a teaching career, this CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support and CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support dual qualification from Foundation Education is a great way to get you started in this rewarding field.
You will become fully qualified to start working as a Teacher Aide, Education Assistant or Education Officer by learning how to deliver planned education programs and support development of literacy, numeracy and oral expression skills, as well as how ensure effective functioning of classrooms and how to apply a range of principles and processes to facilitate effective learning.
You may also choose to work as a Special Needs Teacher Aide as this course will equip you with the necessary skills required to support students with different developmental issues, and the knowledge needed to guide responsible behaviour of children and young people in a safe and supportive environment.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course - anyone can start.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian citizen or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will also need a reliable computer or laptop and an internet connection.
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement. For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to an education environment AND a qualified teacher who is employed at the school. Education environments may include:
- Government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Private/non-government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Education centre
- Special educational centre
- Community educational centre.
Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support and CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support double qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following units:
- CHCEDS001 - Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS002 - Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS003 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS004 - Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS005 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS007 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS017 - Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCEDS018 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCECE006 - Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS024 - Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 - Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- * HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCEDS023 - Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCEDS021 - Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 - Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS032 - Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
*This course contains units, HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.