In a nutshell
This course will teach you how to maintain patient and financial records, manage information and resources and contribute to innovation in the workplace. The Certificate III in Health Administration equips you with knowledge of medical terminology and allows you to develop an understanding of how to implement infection control policies and work health and safety processes.
Upon graduating with the Certificate III in Health Administration, you will be able to provide administrative support in a range of health service settings, including medical practices, hospitals and community health clinics. With this nationally recognised training qualification you can apply for work as a Medical Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Office Junior, allowing you to take on a variety of administrative duties that contribute to the efficient running of a health care facility. If your goal is to progress to higher level skills or management, this certificate course will provide a solid foundation upon which to progress into a Certificate IV in Health Administration or Diploma of Practice Management.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this health administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safe
- BSBWOR301B - Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBADM311A - Maintain business resources
- BSBWRT301A - Write simple documents
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBINM301 - Organise workplace information
- BSBMED302B - Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303B - Maintain patient records
- BSBMED401B - Manage patient record keeping system
- BSBRKG301B - Control records
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.