In a nutshell
If you’re already enjoying a career in hospitality, this SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality qualification from Foundation Education will allow you to diversify the range of jobs you can effectively perform by giving you the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in various hospitality functions.
You’ll gain the skills to work with limited supervision in a number of hospitality jobs across accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming, by learning to provide effective service to customers, process financial transactions, coach others in hospitality job skills and participate environmentally responsible work practices.
On top of great food & beverage and gaming customer service skills, you’ll also learn how to be an effective Functions Host and how to operate the front desk at any hospitality venue.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course - anyone can start.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will also need a reliable computer or laptop and an internet connection.
While completing the SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality from Foundation Education you may study the following units:
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- BSBWOR203 - Work effectively with others
- SITHFAB016 - Provide advice on food
- SITHIND001 -Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004* -Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS002 - Provide visitor information
- SITXCCS006 - Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXFIN001 - Process financial transactions
- SITXFSA001** - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 - Participate in safe work practices
*Practical: Shift Details: 36 shifts at a minimum of 2 hours per shift • Workplace requirements: Candidate should have access to a facility that provides a table service and not over the counter order.
**Legislation and Workplace requirements: Food handlers must comply with the requirements contained within the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. In addition, access to a workplace that is fitted with suitable workplace fixtures, equipment, handwashing materials, food ingredients and ready to eat items, and regulatory documentation in English.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.