In a nutshell
This SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail course is designed for people looking to develop their customer service and retail skills and start their career in retail.
By learning how to engage the customer, build customer relationships and loyalty, work effectively in a service environment, organise and maintain a store environment, supervise and support team members and identify and respond to store security risks, you’ll become a valuable team member of any effective retail operation.
This course will allow you to excel in all aspects of retail sales and operations, allowing you to build a successful retail career.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course - anyone can start.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will also need a reliable computer or laptop and an internet connection.
When completing the SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- SITXCCS006 - Provide service to customers
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- SIRXCEG001 - Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 - Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 - Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 - Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 - Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXIND002 - Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRXIND003 - Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXMGT001 - Supervise and support frontline team members
- SIRXRSK001 - Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 - Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 - Contribute to workplace health and safety
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.