In a nutshell
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to start a career that focuses on assisting teachers in an educational setting, then this CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education could be an ideal qualification to get you started.
This course will enable you to engage with roles in schools and other educational facilities that support teachers in administrative functions, provide educational support to individual students, implement lesson plans and facilitate learning while complying with legislative policy and industrial requirements. By teaching you crucial and relevant skills such as how to support the development of literacy, numeracy and oral language skills, how to contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs, how to contribute to student education in all developmental domains and how to provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder, this course will ensure that you have the knowledge and confidence needed to commence building a highly rewarding career in education.
While the course is conducted online, it does include 100 hours of practical work within Australian primary and or/secondary schools, which will ensure that once you have obtained the qualification you can hit the ground running in one of many available roles providing support to teachers.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Working with children and practical work requirements
- Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement;
- For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school;
- Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS034 - Contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs
- CHCEDS035 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS036 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS037 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS057 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- CHCEDS060 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS061 - Support responsible student behaviour
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS041 - Set up and sustain learning areas
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557