In a nutshell
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to start a career that focuses on assisting teachers in an educational setting, then this CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education could be an ideal qualification to get you started.
This course will enable you to engage with roles in schools and other educational facilities that support teachers in administrative functions, provide educational support to individual students, implement lesson plans and facilitate learning while complying with legislative policy and industrial requirements. By teaching you crucial and relevant skills such as how to support the development of literacy, numeracy and oral language skills, how to contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs, how to contribute to student education in all developmental domains and how to provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder, this course will ensure that you have the knowledge and confidence needed to commence building a highly rewarding career in education.
While the course is conducted online, it does include 100 hours of practical work within Australian primary and or/secondary schools, which will ensure that once you have obtained the qualification you can hit the ground running in one of many available roles providing support to teachers.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Working with children and practical work requirements
- Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement;
- For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school;
- Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While completing the CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS034 - Contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs
- CHCEDS035 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS036 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS037 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS057 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- CHCEDS060 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS061 - Support responsible student behaviour
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS041 - Set up and sustain learning areas
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
*This course contains a unit, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third-party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.