About this course
Promote responsibility, respect and a love of learning in children with a career in education. A CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support will help you achieve your professional goals through a comprehensive program covering theory, policy and practice in learning environments.
By the end of this course, you will become adept at assessing and catering to the needs of students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds with diverse needs and abilities, including facilitating learning for children with disabilities and employing strategies for promoting education in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Foundation Education offers its students online access to all coursework as well as student support services. Start learning today and become tomorrow’s educator.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however it is recommended that individuals have undertaken lower level qualifications (e.g. a Certificate III in Education Support CHC30213) and/or have relevant industry experience to assist with the completion of this course. This may have been obtained through formal and informal training, work experience or life experience. To undertake this qualification, individuals are also required to:
- Complete 100 hours of work placement; AND
- Have access to an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
In this education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCEDS001 – Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCECE006 – Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS021 – Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 – Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS024 – Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 – Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS032 – Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on an improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- CHCEDS023 – Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- *HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.