In a nutshell
You’re a practical and caring person who wants a career helping others. Get started with this online HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) course from Foundation Education.
Designed for students with no previous experience, this practical course offers the core skills, knowledge and experience required to work to support physiotherapists and their patients. After completing this qualification, you’ll be able to support people to complete their day-to-day activities and follow physiotherapy programs — unlocking better health and wellbeing.
This nationally recognised qualification provides a comprehensive introduction to physiotherapy support. You’ll study safe work practices, communication, working with diverse clients, medical terminology, ethical and legal compliance, and how to deliver and monitor patient health programs. You’ll be required to undertake 120 hours of practical placement before graduation, which will help you put your skills into practice and build relevant experience before looking for a job. You’ll also be required to gain a first aid certificate, which Foundation Education offers at a discounted rate in partnership with Red Cross Australia.
Online delivery gives you flexibility in your studies, and Foundation Education’s friendly and experienced student support team will keep you engaged every step of the way. If you’re looking to start a meaningful career, this online qualification gives you the skills and support you need to begin.
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Special conditions for this course: Access to an Allied Health Practice and a qualified physiotherapist who will be able to supervise the candidate throughout work placement.
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTAAP001 — Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 — Confirm physical health status
- CHCDIV001 — Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 — Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCLEG003 — Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBMED301 — Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTWHS002 — Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAHA003 — Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program
- HLTAHA005 — Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
- HLTAHA001 — Assist with an allied health program
- BSBWOR204 — Use business technology
- BSBINM301 — Organise workplace information
- HLTINF003 — Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF001 — Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID003 — Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 — Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.