In a nutshell
You’re a practical and caring person who wants a career helping others. Get started with this online HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Physiotherapy) course from Foundation Education.
Designed for students with no previous experience, this practical course offers the core skills, knowledge and experience required to work to support physiotherapists and their patients. After completing this qualification, you’ll be able to support people to complete their day-to-day activities and follow physiotherapy programs — unlocking better health and wellbeing.
This nationally recognised qualification provides a comprehensive introduction to physiotherapy support. You’ll study safe work practices, communication, working with diverse clients, medical terminology, ethical and legal compliance, and how to deliver and monitor patient health programs.
You’ll be required to undertake 120 hours of practical placement before graduation, which will help you put your skills into practice and build relevant experience before looking for a job. You’ll also be required to gain a first aid certificate, which Foundation Education offers at a discounted rate in partnership with Red Cross Australia.
Online delivery gives you flexibility in your studies, and Foundation Education’s friendly and experienced student support team will keep you engaged every step of the way. If you’re looking to start a meaningful career, this online qualification gives you the skills and support you need to begin.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You require a reliable computer and internet connection.
Special conditions for this course: Access to an Allied Health Practice and a qualified physiotherapist who will be able to supervise the candidate throughout work placement.
You may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTAAP001 — Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 — Confirm physical health status
- CHCDIV001 — Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 — Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCLEG003 — Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBMED301 — Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTWHS002 — Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAHA003 — Deliver and monitor a client-specific physiotherapy program
- HLTAHA005 — Support the delivery and monitoring of physiotherapy programs for mobility
- HLTAHA001 — Assist with an allied health program
- BSBWOR204 — Use business technology
- BSBINM301 — Organise workplace information
- HLTINF007 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies and procedures
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTAID011* — Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009* — Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
*This course contains the units, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557