In a nutshell
Get your admin career moving in the right direction with this online Certificate IV in Business Administration (BSB40515) course from Foundation Education. Designed to meet the professional needs of admin staff and small businesses, this course will equip you with the admin skills needed to efficiently run any workplace.
Obtain key competencies in a range of essential areas, from generating reports and coordinating meetings, to monitoring WHS policies and addressing customer needs. You’ll walk away from this course with a comprehensive skillset geared towards working in administrative management.
So if you’ve got an eye for detail, love being organised and are a natural multi-tasker – this is the course for you!
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate III in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable. (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended).
- Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above. Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome.
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download).
In this business administration course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBADM405 - Organise meetings
- BSBADM406 - Organise business travel
- BSBWRT401 - Write complex documents
- BSBINM401 - Implement workplace information system
- BSBITU401 - Design and develop complex text documents
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBADM409 - Coordinate business resources
- BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.