In a nutshell
Designed for people who are already working in hospitality, this SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality from Foundation Education is a great way open doors to supervision and management roles within any hospitality venue.
By obtaining skills in areas such as preparation of financial reports, managing finances, designing and producing business documents, enhancing customer service experiences and conflict resolution, you will gain all the necessary knowledge to oversee or manage functioning of pubs, clubs, restaurants or cafes, and will become a confident leader and trainer of people around you.
If you wish to gain the knowledge and confidence to move your hospitality career onto the next level, this is a perfect course for you.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course - anyone can start.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will also need a reliable computer or laptop and an internet connection.
When completing the SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality qualification, subjects you may study include:
- SITHFAB016 - Provide advice on food
- SITXCOM002 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- HLTAID003* - Provide first aid
- SITXCCS006 - Provide service to customers
- SITEEVT001 - Source and use information on the events industry
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004** - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITTTSL002 - Access and interpret product information
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN002 - Interpret financial information
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001*** - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS002 - Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
*This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. This course contains units, HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID001 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price or you may source your own training provider. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record.
**Practical: Shift Details: 36 shifts at a minimum of 2 hours per shift • Workplace requirements: Candidate should have access to a facility that provides a table service and not over the counter order.
***Legislation and Workplace requirements: Food handlers must comply with the requirements contained within the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. In addition, access to a workplace that is fitted with suitable workplace fixtures, equipment, handwashing materials, food ingredients and ready to eat items, and regulatory documentation in English.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.