In a nutshell
Turn your passion for process and people management into a successful career with the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (WHS) from Foundation Education.
This course will give you all the required skills for starting a career in Work Health and Safety, including how to understand and comply with regulation, how to research and manage WHS risk as well as how to create, monitor and manage all relevant WHS systems within any organisation.
The BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is the minimum requirement for working in WHS in Australia and this certificate will set you up for a rewarding career helping businesses reduce risk, avoid absenteeism and improve employee well-being across the board.
On completion of this course, you’ll have the knowledge and qualifications to work in WHS roles across many industries, and the confidence to provide leadership and guidance to others in the WHS sector.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course - anyone can start.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
As this is an online course you will also need a reliable computer or laptop and an internet connection.
While studying the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety course, you may study the following units:
- BSBWHS412 - Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 - Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 - Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 - Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 - Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBINS401 - Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS419 - Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBLDR411 - Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBSTR401 - Promote innovation in team environments
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.