About this course
If you’re currently working as a childhood educator but would like to step into a more managerial or supervisory role, this online CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course is the ideal qualification for you. In most states in Australia, a diploma is the highest qualification needed at a director or service manager level for the childcare industry, and means you’ll have the skills and certifications needed to take that next step in your career.
By completing this course from Foundation Education, you’ll learn how to facilitate compliance in an education and care service environment, understand how to implement and design a curriculum to foster a child’s learning and development, and be trained to provide the highest standard of care to children aged 0–5 years.
The program will also equip you with managerial skills and train you to oversee the professional development and work of your staff members. You will learn to maintain workplace health and safety and ensure your agency is complying to all legal and ethical requirements.
You will be required to complete 240 hours of practical assessment work in at least one regulated education and childcare centre.
There are no entry requirements for this course, so anyone can apply. It is strongly recommended, however, that you possess sufficient vocational experience or a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
In this early childhood education course, the units of competency you will study include:
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBINN502 – Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLED401 – Develop teams and individuals
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE016 - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE022 - Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE020 - Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE021 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE023 - Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE017 - Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE025 - Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE019 - Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE024 - Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- CHCECE026 - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- *HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting*
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.