In a nutshell
You’re a people person who loves solving problems. Turn your skills into a rewarding new professional career with this online Diploma of Human Resources Management course (BSB50618) from Foundation Education.
Designed for students with no formal work experience, this course is a practical opportunity to take your first step towards a professional career working as a human resources manager or officer. Delivered online, this course is flexible, to suit your schedule, and can get you qualified to work in human resources from home in less than a year.
This foundation course covers the core principles and practices of human resources. You’ll learn how to recruit, select, induct and manage a high-quality team, and how to create a supportive, safe and dynamic workplace environment that supports people to meet their goals. You’ll build your management skills, and learn how to coach teams to success.
If you’re a natural problem-solver looking for a rewarding new career, this online course can help you turn your talents into a career in human resources.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
(Dial-up access is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this human resources course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM512 – Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBWRK520 – Manage employee relations
- BSBWHS401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBHRM513 – Manage workforce planning
- BSBHRM501 – Manage human resources services
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBLDR402 – Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.