In a nutshell
This course is currently for Western Australia residents only.
If you’re the type of person who loves working with young children in an educational setting, and are looking to start a rewarding career in the early childhood education field, then this CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Gateway Training Academy could make it happen for you.
This certificate focuses on the responsibilities of professionals engaged in early childhood education and care within regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. To enable you to become an effective early childhood educator, the course will cover essential fields such as how to support children’s health, safety, and wellbeing; how to support the holistic learning and development of children; how to provide experiences to support children’s play and learning; and how to meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care, amongst others. By the end of the course, you will have all the skills as well as confidence to commence work at any early childhood care institution in Australia.
This course is conducted in the classroom, blended or at a workplace, with classes being offered at Gateway Training Academy’s campuses in Fremantle and Mandurah in Western Australia.
Government Funding available to eligible Western Australian residents. Enquire to check your eligibility.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for this course, it is preferred that students:
- Be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment);
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent;
- Have completed a police background check.
While completing the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Gateway Training Academy, you will cover the following subjects:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety, and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
Why Gateway Training Academy?
Gateway Training Academy (RTO: 32305) is a premier Vocational Training Provider with multiple campuses in Western Australia, offering a range of courses tailored to those seeking to start, change, or advance their careers. This includes individuals who may be currently unemployed or
underemployed, providing an opportunity to gain skills during classroom-based programs.
Specialising in community pharmacy, aged care, and disability care, Gateway Training Academy is committed to delivering industry-relevant training, ensuring students are equipped with contemporary skills and knowledge. With over a decade of experience, the academy has become a
respected name in vocational education.
Gateway Training Academy stands out for its dedication to student success, having guided thousands of graduates towards prosperous careers. The academy recognises the importance of comprehensive support throughout the educational journey. This includes offering state-of-the-art facilities, flexible course delivery options, and tailored assistance for students facing challenges such as disabilities or language, literacy, and numeracy difficulties. Each student benefits from individualised support provided by dedicated trainers, along with career guidance to maximise their
Enrolling in a course at Gateway Training Academy means stepping into an environment where the highest standards of education and student support converge, aimed at empowering individuals to achieve their vocational aspirations.