In a nutshell
If you are a good communicator who posses a sense of compassion and loves helping people in need, then maybe a career in community services and individual support could be right for you? If you can see yourself working as an aged care worker, personal carer, support worker or a community carer, then this CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification from Gateway Training Academy could be ideal for you.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for this course, it is preferred that students:
- Be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment);
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent;
- Have completed a police background check.
While completing the CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification from Gateway Training Academy, you will study the following subjects:
- CHCCCS031 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS038 - Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
- CHCCCS040 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS041 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS002 - Follow Safe Work Practice for Direct Client Care
- CHCAGE013 - Work effectively in aged care
- CHCDIS011 - Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS012 - Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCCCS036 - Support relationships with carer and family
- CHCDIS020 - Work effectively in disability support
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
Why Gateway Training Academy?
Gateway Training Academy (RTO: 32305) is a premier Vocational Training Provider with multiple campuses in Western Australia, offering a range of courses tailored to those seeking to start, change, or advance their careers. This includes individuals who may be currently unemployed or
underemployed, providing an opportunity to gain skills during classroom-based programs.
Specialising in community pharmacy, aged care, and disability care, Gateway Training Academy is committed to delivering industry-relevant training, ensuring students are equipped with contemporary skills and knowledge. With over a decade of experience, the academy has become a
respected name in vocational education.
Gateway Training Academy stands out for its dedication to student success, having guided thousands of graduates towards prosperous careers. The academy recognises the importance of comprehensive support throughout the educational journey. This includes offering state-of-the-art facilities, flexible course delivery options, and tailored assistance for students facing challenges such as disabilities or language, literacy, and numeracy difficulties. Each student benefits from individualised support provided by dedicated trainers, along with career guidance to maximise their
Enrolling in a course at Gateway Training Academy means stepping into an environment where the highest standards of education and student support converge, aimed at empowering individuals to achieve their vocational aspirations.