In a nutshell
Youth workers play a crucial role in guiding young individuals towards positive life changes and empowering them with the skills to make informed decisions in their lives. If you aspire to a rewarding career in this sector then this CHC50421 Diploma of Youth Work qualification from GROW Training Group could be just what you’re looking for.
This program has been specially designed in consultation with industry experts, ensuring a comprehensive and relevant learning experience aligned with the current landscape of youth work. This qualification encompasses the responsibilities of workers involved in designing and implementing programs for young people within community-based settings. The course is designed to address a spectrum of needs, including social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental, and protection aspects for young individuals. Employment opportunities for graduates of this program may be found in community organisations, government agencies, and the youth sector, where workers will be entrusted with the implementation of organisational policies and guidelines.
This course also entails 200 hours of supervised work placement which will have to be completed prior to graduation.
Enrolment period is 24 months. We find our students complete the qualification in varied time frames. It really does depend on your life situation and availability. The program can be completed in a much shorter time – we would recommend aiming at completing 1 unit per month.
This program is delivered in our online learner system. You do not need to come to class, however, you will need to stay connected with your Educator and attend phone and/or web meetings to complete some of the practical components of your course. eLearning allows you the flexibility of completing your course at your own pace, at times to suit work and other life commitments. You can work on your course at anytime, anywhere supported by your industry experienced educator via telephone and email no matter where you are.
Please Note: Grow Training Group operates as a privately managed Registered Training Organisation (RTO), differing from government-run institutions such as a TAFE. Consequently, Grow does not offer government funding.
What you’ll need
There are no specific educational requirements for this course.
Enrolment in the program is for a maximum of 24 months, and students must aim to complete modules by the end of this period, or as a minimum demonstrate ongoing progression towards completion.
All students will need a computer, a laptop or a tablet with access to the Internet and a program that can open and edit Word documents.
While completing the CHC50421 Diploma of Youth Work qualification from GROW Training Group, you will cover the following subjects:
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legally and ethical comliance
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build rapport
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCCSM013 - Facilitate and review case management
- CHCDEV005 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on people in community work and services
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCYTH013 - Engage respectfully with young people
- CHCYTH014 - Work effectively with young people in youth work context
- CHCPRT025 - Identify and report children and young people at risk
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCYTH021 - Support youth programs
- CHCYTH024 - Manage service response to young people in crisis
- CHCGRP002 - Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCCCS016 - Respond to cleints needs
- CHCYTH022 - Provide services for the needs and circumstances of young people
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in Trauma Informed Care
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why GROW Training Group?
Since its inception in 2017, GROW Training Group (RTO 45109) has been one of Australia’s premier providers of VET (Vocational Education and Training) courses across several fields including Community Care, Business, Accounting and Bookkeeping, Marketing, Professional and Personal skill development.
Focused on helping people thrive and grow personally and career-wise, GROW Training Group prides itself on delivering exceptional value, flexible access, and support you can count on.
GROW’s team is committed to ensuring that students complete their qualifications in the optimum amount of time, and graduate with all the skills and confidence they need to progress in their chosen career fields.
When you study with Grow you will be provided real-life learning outcomes and job-ready skills supported by a trainer that has extensive experience and expertise in the course content and industry sector to ensure you have a successful learning journey.
In addition to your trainer, the student services team provides you with ongoing support throughout the course for all administrative functions and any issues you may encounter.
At GROW, they appreciate learning can be an isolated experience for some
students. To assist you in communicating with trainers and other students, all students have the option to join the GROW Facebook support group. This group can be a positive experience enabling you to connect with like-minded people, ask questions relating to your course, and build relationships with other students.
GROW Training Group incorporates a number of different colleges, each specialising in its own field while implementing the group’s approach to education based on honesty, integrity, and value for money.
GROW Training Group’s colleges include Care Academy (specialising in Community Services, Disability, and Mental Health), Bookkeeping Training Academy (specialising in Accounting and Bookkeeping), and Business Training Academy (specialising in Business, Marketing, and Human Resources), amongst others.