In a nutshell
If you wanting to build a career in aged care services and disability support, with a focus on residential, home, /or community-based environments, and are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the elderly and disabled community, then the CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability and Ageing) qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be just the course you’re looking for. It will give you the necessary skills and knowledge to provide compassionate, effective care in these settings.
This qualification emphasises role understanding, focusing on working under supervision as part of a multidisciplinary team, and providing person-centred support to individuals who may require assistance due to ageing, disability, or other reasons. It covers a wide range of factual, technical, procedural, and theoretical knowledge, vital for roles in this sector, ensuring adherence to Australian standards and legislation.
What you’ll need
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess an educational background equivalent to Year 12 in an Australian Senior High School or have completed a qualification at AQF Certificate IV level.
- Be able to undertake 80 hours of work placement in an appropriate healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate adequate language, literacy, and numeracy skills, including the ability to understand and produce complex documents such as detailed reports, case notes, and workplace policies. Applicants must pass an online language, literacy, and numeracy (LLN) assessment test at a minimum of level 3 in reading, writing, and numeracy.
- Have proficient computer skills, including the ability to use basic software for online course components and intermediate skills in Microsoft Word for creating and presenting documents/reports.
- Must have access to a laptop and a reliable internet connection for the online course.
- Meet the necessary criminal background and working with children checks (if applicable), or be willing to undergo a police check before starting the work placement if needed.
- These admission requirements will be verified using the information provided in the online application and during the enrolment interview process.
- CHCCCS031 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS038 - Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
- CHCCCS040 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS041 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 - Communication and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE011 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCAGE013 Work effectively in aged care
- CHCDIS011 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strength-based approach
- CHCDIS020 Work effectively in disability support
- CHCDIS012 Support community participating and social inclusion
- CHCPAL003 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.