In a nutshell
If you are a community minded person who is looking to commence a rewarding career based on helping others overcome obstacles caused by alcohol and drug addiction, then this CHC53215 Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be ideal for you.
This course is designed to give you all the contemporary skills and knowledge to confidently engage in community support and counseling roles aimed at supporting people in overcoming problems arising from drug and alcohol abuse. You will gain crucial skills such as how to assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues, how to develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans, how to establish and manage client relationships and work with diverse people and how to work effectively in trauma informed care.
Our online blended delivery model is based on three online classroom sessions per week as well as 22 hours per week of structured self-paced study, as well as monthly one-on-one tutoring session, that will see you graduate in as little as 12 months.
What you’ll need
Student entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV in Alcohol & Other Drugs.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the online application and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC53215 Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you may study a total of 16 core units and six elective units, including:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCAOD001 - Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCOM006 - Establish and manage client relationships
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCADV005 - Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCMHS009 - Provide early intervention, health prevention and promotion programs
- CHCDFV006 - Counsel clients affected by domestic and family violence
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs
- CHCAOD004 - Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being
- CHCAOD006 - Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD008 - Provide advanced interventions to meet the needs of clients with alcohol and other drug issues
- CHCAOD009 - Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCAOD007 - Develop strategies for alcohol and other drugs relapse prevention and management
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRP002 - Collaborate in professional practice
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid (learners need to complete this unit externally and provide a valid First Aid certificate for a credit transfer before completing the course)
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.