In a nutshell
If you are currently working an early childhood education setting, and are looking to sharpen your leadership and pedagogical skills in order to boost your career, then this CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be just the thing for you.
Specifically designed for individuals with a passion for shaping the lives of young children, this qualification will allow you to become an early childhood educator committed to creating holistic, child-centered learning environments. Through this program, participants will acquire in-depth expertise in Early Childhood Education, enabling them to operate independently within their field while adhering to strategic guidance from senior leadership. Graduates play integral roles in shaping the future by enhancing early developmental milestones and overall well-being of children. Their responsibilities often include providing mentorship to peers and volunteers, adept management of individual child learning, and effective coordination of leading a team and children with a positive outlook.
Theoretical component of the course is conducted online, with 280 hours of work experience to be completed in an approved early childhood education facility.
What you’ll need
Specific entry requirements for this course:
- Completion of CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education OR Care of CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Students also should:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to Year 10 or has completed an AQF Certificate III level qualification.
- Be capable of completing 280 hours of work placement in a community services or home services, supporting people with a disability.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check/Blue Card (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have a current and clear NDIS Worker Screening Check as per your state/territory.
While completing the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you will study the following subjects:
- BSBTWK502 - Manage Team Effectiveness
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 - Nurture Creativity in children
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in children’s education and care
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of children
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnerships with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCECE052 - Plan service and supports for children and families
- CHCECE053 - Respond to grievances and complaints about the service
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.