In a nutshell
Take the first step in a rewarding new career helping others reach their potential with this Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) course from Hammond Institute.
If you’re a compassionate person who wants to start a useful new career using your skills to support others, a career in community and individual services is for you. This workplace-ready qualification will equip you with the foundation skills, knowledge and experience to take your first career step.
In this course, you’ll learn how to develop and implement individualised care plans for providing one-on-one care to people requiring support. You’ll build skills and theoretical knowledge in diverse areas, and graduate equipped to assist people needing support due to ageing, disability, illness or other circumstances.
With a particular focus on workplace learning, this course includes 140 hours of hands-on work experience in an individual care facility. You’ll complete this course with the experience and confidence required to dive immediately into work in this dynamic, growing industry.
If you like working with people, want a challenging and rewarding career, and like jobs where no two days are the same, a career in individual support and care will help unlock your passion. Your career in support services starts with this course.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged over 17 years; AND
- Hold a current police check; AND
- Have undertaken a pre-training review.
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in this course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Students will need to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test with scores of learning, writing, oral communication (ACSF level 2+) and numeracy (ACSF level 2) is desirable to participate in this course. A basic level of computer literacy is also required.
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well-being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- CHCPAL001 – Deliver care services using a palliative approach
Why Hammond Institute?
If you want to arm yourself with a qualification that can make a real difference in your community and is widely recognised, then look no further than Hammond Institute. They’re all about equipping you with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to be workplace ready, with custom-designed courses in community services, childhood education and care, and more.
Be led by trainers who are at the top of their game, and are genuinely interested in your success. Having delivered a quality training experience since 2001, you can trust Hammond Institute to help you achieve your educational goals!
Hammond Institute prides themselves on offering their students a supportive and positive study experience. To abide by their motto of “Where the student comes first”, Hammond has put in place a team of trainers and assessors to assist with questions, concerns and offer study tips, available to students 24/7.