In a nutshell
You’re a compassionate person who loves working with people. Now, turn your passion into a rewarding new professional career in the disability sector with this Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115) course from Hammond Institute.
This practical, skills-focused course equips students with the foundation skills, knowledge and experience required to work successfully in the dynamic and exciting field of disability support. In less than one year of full-time study, you’ll learn how to provide tailored, comprehensive care, that adheres to legal and ethical requirements and helps meet people’s needs. You’ll gain a sound understanding of the unique needs of people with disability and chronic illness, and build practical skills to turn your interest and empathy into a rewarding, useful career.
With a particular focus on workplace learning, this course includes 140 hours of hands-on work experience in a support or care facility. You’ll complete this course with the experience and confidence required to dive immediately into work in the disability sector.
If you like a challenge, want a job where every day is different and are interested in using your communication and people skills to help others live dignified, thriving lives, working in disability is for you – and your new career starts with this course.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged over 17 years; AND
- Hold a current police clearance; AND
- Have undertaken a pre-training review.
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in this course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Students will be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test with scores of 3 in learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy is desirable to participate in this course.
In this disability course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 – Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 – Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 – Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 – Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body system
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
Why Hammond Institute?
If you want to arm yourself with a qualification that can make a real difference in your community and is widely recognised, then look no further than Hammond Institute. They’re all about equipping you with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to be workplace ready, with custom-designed courses in community services, childhood education and care, and more.
Be led by trainers who are at the top of their game, and are genuinely interested in your success. Having delivered a quality training experience since 2001, you can trust Hammond Institute to help you achieve your educational goals!
Hammond Institute prides themselves on offering their students a supportive and positive study experience. To abide by their motto of “Where the student comes first”, Hammond has put in place a team of trainers and assessors to assist with questions, concerns and offer study tips, available to students 24/7.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: