In a nutshell
You’re a natural with kids and you love to watch them learn. Now, turn your passion into a rewarding new career in early childhood care with this Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113) course from Hammond Institute.
This practical, skills-focused course equips students with the foundation skills, knowledge and experience required to work successfully in the field of early childhood education and care. In just over one year of full-time study, you’ll learn how to design and implement a tailored learning curriculum that supports children’s development and adheres to industry regulations and guidance. You’ll gain a sound understanding of of the contemporary ethical and compliance requirements of childcare work, and learn how to design programs that stimulate children’s creativity and encourage them to thrive.
With a particular focus on workplace learning, this course includes 240 hours of hands-on work experience in a childcare or education facility. You’ll complete this course with the experience and confidence required to dive immediately into work in this dynamic, growing industry.
If you enjoy working with people, like every day to be different and care about seeing kids thrive, a career in early childhood education is for you. It starts with this course.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be aged over 18 years; AND
- Have undertaken a pre-training review; AND
- Have a moderate level of computer literacy and access to the internet are also required
There are no previous work or education requirements for entry into this course. Students may enrol directly in the diploma level course without completing lower ranked qualifications.
Students will need to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test with scores of learning (ACSF level 4), reading (ACSF level 3), writing (ACSF level 3), oral communication (ACSF level 3) and numeracy (ACSF level 3) is desirable to participate in this course.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCECE007 – Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE003 – Provide care for children
- CHCECE005 – Provide care for babies and toddlers
- HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting
- CHCECE002 – Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE004 – Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS003 – Maintain work health and safety
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE009 – Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 – Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE017 – Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE023 – Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE022 – Promote children's agency
- CHCECE024 – Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development
- CHCECE020 – Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE018 – Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE016 – Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE019 – Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
- CHCECE021 – Implement strategies of the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE026 – Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCECE025 – Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPOL002 – Develop and implement policy
- CHCMGT003 – Lead the work team
- CHCECE029 – Respond to problems and complaints about the service
Please note: HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting unit may be completed at an additional cost through an external provider if the student is unable to attend an ACCCO training location.
Why Hammond Institute?
If you want to arm yourself with a qualification that can make a real difference in your community and is widely recognised, then look no further than Hammond Institute. They’re all about equipping you with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to be workplace ready, with custom-designed courses in community services, childhood education and care, and more.
Be led by trainers who are at the top of their game, and are genuinely interested in your success. Having delivered a quality training experience since 2001, you can trust Hammond Institute to help you achieve your educational goals!
Hammond Institute prides themselves on offering their students a supportive and positive study experience. To abide by their motto of “Where the student comes first”, Hammond has put in place a team of trainers and assessors to assist with questions, concerns and offer study tips, available to students 24/7.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: