In a nutshell
Work hands-on helping young people improve their lives and build professional skills for a rewarding career by studying this online Diploma of Youth Work course from Harvest Education Technical College.
A broad, foundation course, this qualification covers key elements of youth work, including working with young people, designing and implementing youth programming, supporting Indigenous youth and implementing health and safety practises in the workplace. After completing this course, you’ll be equipped to start a new career in the youth or community services sectors.
Part-time and online, this course delivers a nationally recognised qualification while remaining a flexible study option. If you’re seeking a career change or are looking to start work, this course will equip you with the skills, experience and insights required to work in the challenging and rewarding community services sector, supporting young people to improve their lives and achieve their dreams.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be aged over 16 years; AND
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
In this youth work course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCCOM003 – Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 – Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 – Promote aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCDE012 – Work within organisation and government structures to enable community development outcomes
- CHCYTH001 – Engage respectfully with young people
- CHCYTH002 – Work effectively with young people in youth work context
- CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCCSM005 – Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCMHS001 – Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCYTH005 – Develop and implement procedures to enable young people to address their needs
- CHCYTH012 – Manage service response to young people in crisis
- CHCCCS007 – Develop and implement services programs
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCGRP002 – Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCCDE008 – Support community action
- CHCCDE009 – Develop and support community leadership
- CHCYTH008 – Support young people to take collective action
- CHCYTH009 – Support youth programs
Why Harvest Education Technical College?
Harvest Educational Technical College (HETC) has a mantra to “Empower people to become persons of influence”. By studying at HETC, you join the ranks of thousands before you who have embraced that vision and achieved the status of persons of influence.
HETC’s selection of online, on-campus and blended courses offer you the right learning resources and support to get you on your dream career path. From business and human resources to community services, youth work, hospitality and more, HETC has courses in it all!
HETC's innovative online courses will offer you the right learning resources and support to get you on your dream career path. HETC apply the 80/20 rule to the delivery of their courses which means 80% of your learning will be practical and hands-on, and 20% theory. Enjoy learning the HETC way!